A Hold On Me | Teen Ink

A Hold On Me

November 12, 2010
By jesusfreak17 SILVER, Winslow, Maine
jesusfreak17 SILVER, Winslow, Maine
9 articles 0 photos 15 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Tears are words from the heart that can't be spoken."- Unknown
"Anyone can make you smile or cry, but it takes someone special to make you smile when you already have tears in your eyes."- Unknown


As I sit in the dark heart-wrenching sobs escape my body. I shudder and scream. I try to look around me, but darkness is all I see. I guess the devil has a hold on me. I hear the voices as they tell me lies. I believe them, cause they're in disguise. Why can't they look me in the eyes? I guess the devil has a hold on me. I sink deeper into the pit of despair. I constantly wish that you had been there. I needed you to calm my fears and to dry my tears. I guess the devil has a hold on me. As I draw the blade across my arm. The sobs decrease and the pain is gone. The blood is all that I can see. I guess the devil has a hold on me. Then light breaks through and a voice rings true. All he says is “I love you.” I know what I have to do. I pray every night and everyday. And even you decided to stay. I look around and light is all I say. I guess that Jesus has a hold on me. Yes, Jesus has a hold on me.


The author's comments:
I wrote this about my experience with cutting and how Jesus, my personal savior, saved me from myself.