Goodbye (Forget Me) | Teen Ink

Goodbye (Forget Me)

By The_Girl_Next_Door PLATINUM, Elkins, Arkansas
The_Girl_Next_Door PLATINUM, Elkins, Arkansas

~*The mind has but a thousand eyes, and the heart is left with one...Yet the light of a whole life dies the moment love is done.*~

I still think about it…I still think about you... And I know I shouldn’t. I mean, you lied. Everything I thought and believed was a complete lie….You told me you loved me. (Ha!) And you’re still saying that…You really shouldn’t throw those words around. They can hurt people…People who have feelings unlike you. And they’re hurting me…Bad. When I hear from you (Every time) I only die a little more inside…
I wish it were different. I wish I had the guts to tell you to forget me…I wish I could just say goodbye and get it over with. And I wish I could do it without all these stinging feelings in my heart. But in the end I guess pain is the price for trusting you with my heart. And now it’s crushed. You’re like a leech. You’ve sucked all the trust from me. So now I’ve got none left. And it hurts me to know I can’t let anyone in…Simply for the fear of goodbye. Because I’ve got a hole in my chest…Where my heart should be. And it hurts…Bad. Please! Just TAKE IT AWAY! I want to LOVE! I want to TRUST!
But inside I know it’s not possible…Want to know what hurts the most? Knowing that this whole mess was my very own fault… I’m bracing myself for “goodbye” the moment someone tells me I’m beautiful… I need to let you go. And GOD! I wish I could! You’ve just done me so much harm…And you can’t take it back. (No matter how much I wish you could.)

So…Goodbye. I have to say it. I have no choice. Because waiting any longer…Would just tear me apart even more. But I can’t forget you…Until you forget me. So please just stop. Stop saying you love me! You’re only making me twinge with even more regret! And I don’t need it!

And I have love to find…true love. Because I thought I had it…But now it’s obvious that I was wrong. So please just do me a favor…and forget me.

Because no matter how much it hurts…I know I need to forget you. I just don’t have any more options anymore! There’s only one way out of this mess!... And that is “goodbye”.

So goodbye my dear…And thanks for the pain…I really appreciate my newfound ability to never trust again…

This piece was written for my ex...I tell myself to hate him...But I am finding it impossible because everytime I hear from him...It's to say he loves me...and I break down everytime...