Goodbye World | Teen Ink

Goodbye World

August 7, 2010
By saramarie SILVER, Fairmount, Indiana
saramarie SILVER, Fairmount, Indiana
8 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
hate is easy. love takes courage.
the only reason in life is love.
i don't hate you i just strongly dislike you.
you're a great friend but if zombies chase us i'm so tripping you.
if i didn't have my friends, who would i be?


i hear the tires screech one the wet pavement hear the thud as someone is hit i hear the car door slam as the person gets out of the car then the slam again as they get in i hear the squeal as the speed away and the thump thump as they drive how could they do that take an innocent life and then drive away my heart was stricken with grief i can hardly breathe rushing out the door dialing 911 praying that they'll get here in time looking down at the body i see the face of a little girl kneeling beside her i check for a pulse there is one but it's very faint i don't know what to do i don't know what i could do i hear the sirens in the distances and pray that she survives i look down at her and see her lips part slightly leaning close to hear her voice i hear the slight whisper waiting to hear the words my heart lodged in my throat then i hear the meek words of the dying little girl "Goodbye world"


The author's comments:

i don't know what inspired this. i was just sitting at my computer and all of a sudden i was overwhelmed with this feeling of sadness. i grabbed a piece of paper and started to write. this is what that feeling became.