Freedom | Teen Ink

Freedom

By DifferentTeen PLATINUM, Seaford, Delaware
DifferentTeen PLATINUM, Seaford, Delaware

"There’s no such thing as true love, just spurts of insanity—falling over and over again, thinking that won’t happen to me"

I woke to the sounds of birds singing merrily
The annoying sun shone brightly in my sleepy eyes
Puffs of white cotton hung high in the sky
The wind was giving out long heavy sighs

I ran with the wind, free at last
The mood was set at anxious and exited
I watched the kites flying unbridled in the bright blue sky
The happiness was there, with no reason to fight it

The grass was swaying in the breeze its vibrant color bursting
The nature around me, suddenly all alive
I watched in amazement, and took in the beauty
The busy worker bees, were hovering around their hive

The oceans shore rippled before me
The sand, was darkened by the seas salty water
I played with my toes in the dark tan sand
The sun still there not seeming to falter

on Feb. 23 2013 at 9:57 am
SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

You're Welcome! :D

on Feb. 22 2013 at 6:59 pm

Thank you!

on Feb. 21 2013 at 10:53 pm

- Maya Angelou

Nice description!