Quotes | Teen Ink

Quotes

By BandGeek99 SILVER, Waterford, Connecticut
BandGeek99 SILVER, Waterford, Connecticut

"I hate to write, but I love to have written."
"'Sh! Guys. my mom's on the phone!' Guy in the back of the crowd: 'Pass the weed!'"
"Know Thyself."
"Crying does not show weakness. Since birth, it's been the only sign that we are alive."

"As your inspiration sharpens, your pencil dulls."
"The best things in life are free, or so it goes, but I think that the artist behind these wise words overlooked death and pain."
"Nothing comes without payment."
"Money only goes as far as the wallet permits it. Love only goes as far as the wallet will follow."
"Science is just the intelligent way of violently opposing the laws of religion."
"Hatred is just love that received no love to begin with."
"Pencil: The messenger of ideas."
"There is no 'I' in 'team,' but there IS a 'me' in 'team.'"
"Gay means happy."
"Music is the spirituality behind every simple word."
"Only start a dispute with one rival if you are ready to start a dispute with all his friends, too."
"Everybody has a dark side; it's called a shadow."
"One plus one in mathetics is two; one plus one in love is one."
"Even after somebody breaks your heart, you can still use the little pieces to love again."
"Today is just yesterday's tomorrow."
"School comes first if you don't mind hsving no friends."
"The grass is always greener on the other side of the hill until you're there."
"If your personality determines your handwriting, then you'd better learn penmanship real well in school if you wanna be popular."
"Popularity: Acting like a jerk to all the 'un-popular' kids to attempt to hide how much you suck."
"Bullying: Accepted terrany."
"Gas masks proved usefull in times of war, but now they're just used to make people look awesome."
"Love is just the way to justify hurting somebody again and again and not feel guilty asking for forgiveness."
"Smoking: exciting, smooth taste. In other words, destroying-your-lungs-by-burning-radioactive-poisonous-and-deathly-materials-rolled-into-a-piece-of-paper: exciting, smooth taste."
"Family is the only people that will always fulfill the spots of your heart that lovers can't satisfy."

Here are some random quotes I made up. Enjoy. Yes, I DID make all these outta nowhere as I went.

on Jun. 12 2010 at 8:09 am
I do agree that there should've been more order to the quotes, but the quotes themselves are pretty good. One of my favorites was "As your inspiration sharpens, your pencil dulls."

liz975 SILVER said...
liz975 SILVER, Hollis, New Hampshire

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and then go out and do it. The world needs people who are alive."

these are some creative quotes - you should try taking a single one and elaborating on it, maybe writing a short story, memoir, or poem? or even a picture to express it.

HunterGirl_58 GOLD, Los Lunas, New Mexico

"If this is what it takes to get there. . . . then BRING ON THE PAIN!!!"

I think this was great. . . even though the quotes where placed randomly it still gave the reader a scence of suspision.

I enjoyed this, It's very creative!

on Jun. 11 2010 at 9:02 am
literaryaddict PLATINUM, Albuquerque, New Mexico

"We're almost there and no where near it. All that matters is that we're going." Lorelai Gilmore, Gilmore Girls
"The whole theory of modern education is radically unsound." Lady Bracknell, The Importance of Being Earnest, Oscar Wilde

i thought this was only okay. it could have been so much better if there had been an order to the quotes rather than just random. if there is an order, i can't see it. not trying to be mean, believe me.