Life's Punches | Teen Ink

Life's Punches

May 7, 2010
By SilentOnlooker10 SILVER, Hillsboro, Oregon
SilentOnlooker10 SILVER, Hillsboro, Oregon
7 articles 9 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
If you are first you are first, if you are second you are nothing.


Whether you call it miserable or depressed, it doesn’t change the fact that I’m a mess.
Nobody sees it just how I do, the pain isn’t evident to those who don’t go through.
I can scream “it hurts!” all I want, but at the end of the day here I sit nothing changed.
The punches keep on coming and I duck and dodge the blows, but all it takes is one and once you take it then you know.
No one else can take that pain for you, or feel the gasping breath.
No one else can fix the ache or make the past come back.
“I didn’t choose this battle!” you say, but the truth screams, “yes, you did!”.
Every person like it or not is in this fight whether it’s an adult or a kid.
You were given life were you not? You were given breath non-stop!
The punches will keep on coming, because that’s what life does best, all you get to choose is what you do with the time you have left.
Whether you call it lonely, abandoned or zoned out, it doesn’t change the fact that I’m all alone right now.