I Am... | Teen Ink

I Am...

May 2, 2010
By ButterflyGirl1313 PLATINUM, Phoenix, Arizona
ButterflyGirl1313 PLATINUM, Phoenix, Arizona
26 articles 2 photos 14 comments

Favorite Quote:
"..and these children that you spit on as they try to change their worlds, they are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.." -David Bowie


I am an open book and my feeling are there for all to see.
I wonder if my presence makes a difference to those all around me.
I hear the muffled foot steps of my peers as they live their lives, not for themselves, but for the spectators and critics in the crowd.
I see the world in many different colors, some bright and colorful, some grey and shaded over.
I want people to see me for me not who they want me to be.
I am an open book and my feelings are there for all to see.

I pretend that life is easy and I can live my life in the shadows of great people though I know already this is wrong.
I believe that the life we lead and the problems that follow can be summed up in one simple lyric of a song.
I touch the sky and higher because that is my limit.
I worry I'll be forgotten by all the people I love.
I cry because I feel like my loved ones don't know the real me.
I am an open book and my feeling are there for all to see.

I understand that life is hard and sometimes its burden may be to much to bear.
I say that I live my life for me, and about others opinions I do not care.
I dream of being someone, more than a shadow or a passerby.
I try hard to live my life for me and only me.
I hope that one day this world will no longer be filled with such pain and sorrow but be replaced by a word of happiness and glee.
I am an open book and my feelings are there for all to see.