Me, Simply Me. | Teen Ink

Me, Simply Me.

By Katie_Potatie PLATINUM, Leavenworth, Kansas
Katie_Potatie PLATINUM, Leavenworth, Kansas

There are no regrets in my life; because there is no time for mistakes. -(ME) Katie quote

Open Arms, Open Ears, and an Open Heart

Impossible, Incredible, Intellectual

Sister of Bailey; my world, my life

Daughter of broken promises and intricate lies

Who endlessly loves all that truly love

And who promises to always be there for the ones who aren’t afraid to be there for me

Who believes in pinky promises, recess, and being madly in love

Who fears abandonment, deep secrets and continuous failure

And who would kill to please everyone in one fell swoop

Who wishes to shield “my girls” from any harm that comes their way as they blossom

And to help them learn from my many mistakes

Who creates from the deep thoughts in the back of my mind and molds them into words on paper

Who wonders when sweatpants will be sexy, boys will stop lying, and hearts will cease to break

Who dreams of someone who will keep their promises, except me for who I am, and need me forever

Who always remembers that “friends are for now and family is forever”

And who, in her eyes, is all she can be.

My inspiration; Ms. S and me of course. lol. I love you. =) Enjoy.

on Jun. 9 2010 at 9:15 pm
tennisislovee34 GOLD, Sterling Heights, Michigan

"Every moment of your life, you're writing. Even in your dreams, you're writing. When you walk the halls in this school you meet various people and you write furiously in your head." -Frank McCourt

awe thanks hun it's really no problem!:) it's a pretty poem! you have some awesome potential :) i'll deffkeep reading :)

when you get a chance, check out more of my work :)

on Jun. 9 2010 at 9:10 pm

thank you SO much for helping. Your a huge help. Love you lots. Keep reading please. =)

on Jun. 5 2010 at 9:43 pm

i really like this, but one thing i notice is you are refrencing yourself as "she" and "me." i think the poem would be sooo much better if you kept it as "her" "she," i think it would be a better flow especially since you are using "who..."

but other than that, this is a really good poem :) keep it up!