You were... | Teen Ink

You were...

By natashajeanne1021 GOLD, Madelia, Minnesota
natashajeanne1021 GOLD, Madelia, Minnesota

Time is an important thing but it is also the cause of a lot of pain;Some wish for it to go faster while others wish for it to go faster.Then there are those that wish it could just end. So enjoy the time in life you are given and don't worry so much.

You were my first slow dance, and oct.2nd is one night I'll never forget.
You were my first kiss, and its the one I'll always cherish.
I remember taking you home one night after just hanging out, you sat right next to me in the middle of the truck, you kissed me on the cheek and hoped we weren't caught.

You were the one who I heard while we were dancing that first dance, and that will always be our song.
You were always on my mind even after all ended..
And the funny thing is on that last day I was going to ask you to prom...
I think for a while I'm gonna be well grounded.

You were the one who I first held hands with.
You were there the night of the haunted house, and kept holding my hand saying "its alright babe, I'm right here, nothings ever gonna hurt you."
You will always be loved and missed.
I love you not for what you have or don't have, but for who you are.
You are just so protective, and I know you'll always watch over us all.

You were always there for anyone who needed you so why didn't you just talk to one of us?
We love you and always will, please whatever happens never leave my side, I mean you did make a promise and promises after all are meant to be kept.

I love ya wayne, and nothing will ever change.
The fact that you were the one I loved first, and experienced first, thank you for getting me somewhat out of my shell.
Now every time I look at the stars or the moon, I promise to always think of you and all we shared.

You were my best friend...you were my first love.

i wrote this poem a few days after i got the news that my ex, my first boyfriend, and my best friend had committed suicide. so this was written in memory of him, since i never had the chance to fix things. please no one ever get the same idea he had theres always someone you can talk to