All is fair | Teen Ink

All is fair

By KosuKovu13 SILVER, Hobart, Indiana
KosuKovu13 SILVER, Hobart, Indiana

"Tormented by the demon of literature." ~ Gaston Leroux, author of the Phantom of the Opera

A pen may meet the paper
And write of love and war
But mine searched for something new
What was it looking for?
A voice for inspiration
That fills the night and sky
Eyes that match the golden sun
So perfect I could DIE.
You’re just another wannabe
And perfect you are not
This is what I get for thinking so
‘Cause now my dreams are SHOT.

KosuKovu13 SILVER, Hobart, Indiana

Thank you very much! You are correct, there was definitely pain in there... but also love. And it was very... very real.

sleeplessdreamer PLATINUM, Raleigh, North Carolina

"I have always wanted to write in such a way that people say, 'I have always thought that but never found the words for it.'" -anonymous

The rhyming in this poem is magnificent. You create a beautiful picture in my mind, and the rhythm of this was breathless and simple. So it stuns you with its blatant and unabashed pain. I can definitely tell this isn't just made up emotions, but something you really feel. 

KosuKovu13 SILVER, Hobart, Indiana

Thank you, and I'm sorry it took so long for me to reply to your comment. Please forgive me. I'm glad I'm not the only one anymore who sees Literature as art, either. And yes, there are a few hidden meanings in this particular piece. One may just express denial, and how much I truly still love the person. But maybe you'd already guessed that one? I believe it's the most obvious.

Supernova7 GOLD, Redford, Texas

Let me cry my tears let me live in sorrow as long as you promise to be with me tomorrow
By Me:)

This is really good. I give five stars:) Could you comment on my work?

Clover94 said...
on Apr. 29 2010 at 11:51 am
Clover94, Hobart, Indiana

What a piece of work is man! How noble in reason; how infinite in faculties, in form and moving how lexpress and admirable in action how, like an angel, in apprehension how like a god. -Shakespeare

This is amazing. I love how you put a ittle bit of yourself into your stories/poems. This has to be my favorite work of yours. Keep up the good work, Zo :)

on Apr. 26 2010 at 11:24 am
Starrlyt PLATINUM, Willard, North Carolina

Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you'll land among the stars -Les Brown

AHHHmazing!!!! lol. I loved it. It had feeling to it, mystery, a hidden meaning perhaps?  Everything that goes into a great work of art...for that's what poetry is, ART. Art of the mind, art of the soul, art that's underappreciated by many, but adored by some.  It doesn't take an army to change something...it just takes a few willing to devote time and effort to a 'lost' cause. So keep fighting your fight and keep on bein' an artist. :) Great job.