Teddy Bear | Teen Ink

Teddy Bear

By Sill_Sitter11 BRONZE, Milan, Ohio
Sill_Sitter11 BRONZE, Milan, Ohio

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.

Teddy Bear
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear
You sit with me in my time of need
When no one else is my friend
When I’ve been scolded and yelled at
When I’ve done wrong
You hug me and make it better
You say “It’s ok, they’ll get over it”
And you’re always right

Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear
I tell you all my secrets
And you keep them
Just like a good friend would
I trust you
“And that’s only one of the reasons
We’re such great friends” you always say
And you’re always right

Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear
You protect me when thunderstorms come
Lightning flashes and I squeeze you tighter
Thunder booms and you absorb my tears
The powers out and you comfort me
As I cry and cry and you say
“It’s ok, it’s alright”
And you’re always right

Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear
As Mommy and Daddy fight
We sit on the stairs and silently cry
We know where this is going
And as Daddy packs his bags
You turn to me and smile
You say “This only means you have two bedrooms”
And you’re always right

Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear
As I lay in the hospital
You lay beside me
Together we learned we must wear helmets
And keep our eyes on the road
We’re both very banged up
And you say “We’ll get better”
And you’re always right

Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear
On my first day of third grade in a new school
You sit by me on the bus
You see that I’m sad
Because I have no friends
You smile your friendly smile and say
“Don’t worry you’ll make friends”
And you’re always right

Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear
As I sit in my room and cry
Because I was called mean names
You make me smile
By acting like you beating her up
“You’ll get her” you say
I doubt you, But I’ wrong
And you’re always right

Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear
As I see you sitting on my dusty shelf
I sigh as I think of our good times
You said that we’d be together forever
That we’d be inseparable till the very end
But over the years I discovered makeup and texting
So I take you down and hug you
Because for once you were wrong

This piece is based on some of the experiences I've had such as being in the hospital and being yelled at. I hope you like it!!

EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

This is so sweet and a little sad at the end, bu it's true! I've never been in a hospital, but the rest of the events are something similar what I've been through. You're a wonderful writer!!! Keep on!!! ^_^ thank you, for sharing this!!!

Sill_Sitter11 BRONZE, Milan, Ohio

Thanks so much. I really appreciate your opinion. I'll be sure to check out some of your stuff also!!! I'll be sure to keep posting new stuff!!! Thanks again for the comment!

Hey girl! I'm commenting like you asked me to and I'm so glad I read this poem. It's a true masterpiece, you deserve to be in the magazine! Keep on writing and I will keep on commenting! Love you girl!

Sill_Sitter11 BRONZE, Milan, Ohio

THANKS SO MUCH!!!!

Sill_Sitter11 BRONZE, Milan, Ohio

Thanks! For this particular poem I tried to get into the mind of a child. I don't really know how it worked since I obviously DON'T have the mind of a third grader... but thanks.

Pitiful_Anonymous PLATINUM, New Cumberland, West Virginia

"and all you f***ers go beep beep beep in cheap,plastic cars. If It's to dumb to see or say you'll still sing it, and I'll just cue the applause" - Marilyn Manson

This is ADORABLE! It's kind of sad at the end which is awesome. Your'e a good writer, and i like the whole teddy bear idea, it worked really well :)

Sill_Sitter11 BRONZE, Milan, Ohio

saddened?? wow... i thought your grammer was better then that!! are you eating those waffles yet?!?!? lol

wowee i lovee this veree much. you have good posturee!!

HappySappy SILVER, Berlin Heights, Ohio

Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world go blind.

wow sill sitter!! i love this poem! its so adorable! although i get saddened at the end , i love this teddy bear theme and also how this is so realistic!! :)

Sill_Sitter11 BRONZE, Milan, Ohio

HAHAHA!!! I found out how to reply!

Sill_Sitter11 BRONZE, Milan, Ohio

Thanks!! I find it kinda sad. I mean it was her best friend. Inanimate object or not its still sad.

kiwi12 PLATINUM, Austin, Texas
this is so so so cute! I adore it very much.

Sarbear GOLD said...
Sarbear GOLD, Milan, Ohio

--Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes.
--When life gives you lemons, squirt them in people's eyes.

flows nicely and i really like the ending--it wraps it up. good job sill sitter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!