Mistakes | Teen Ink

Mistakes

By yesimdarrian101 BRONZE, Millville, New Jersey
yesimdarrian101 BRONZE, Millville, New Jersey

"Everything may not be perfect, but at least we tried." Stephen Jerzak/Chase Coy

So many mistakes, over so many days. Their faces far from my mind, yet never faraway.

Maybe sleeping at night is a priviledge, that we must all seek. But in the end your mind consumes your body, and your thoughts keep you from sleep.

They're laughing, and have smiles brighter than the sun. And we laugh along and smile just to be like everyone.

But only we know who we are, and we know how we feel. And maybe if we find our own sunlight, we'll be able to smile for real.

jennee21_ann GOLD, Helper, Utah

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul....wisdom is better than silver or gold."

"You can always close a book, but you can never close the mind of a writer."

amazing. i love the rhythm, it gives the poem a sort of "rolling" feeling. it's also very creative :) and it has the sort of "there is hope" feeling. it's just really awesome...5 stars :) would you mind checking out some of my work please?

Milo! said...
I really love this. I really like how everyone can relate to this. I hope you keep writing, because this is great. You should check out some of my stuff. I think you would like it.