They Don't Get It | Teen Ink

They Don't Get It

December 8, 2009
By The_Girl_Next_Door PLATINUM, Elkins, Arkansas
The_Girl_Next_Door PLATINUM, Elkins, Arkansas
32 articles 1 photo 43 comments

Favorite Quote:
~*The mind has but a thousand eyes, and the heart is left with one...Yet the light of a whole life dies the moment love is done.*~


I don’t know what it is about you… But it seems that I can’t let you go. You’ve even got a girlfriend, and I’m just sitting here being filled with jealousy. I haven’t seen you in almost 2 years. It’s driving me CRAZY! I don’t know how much more of this junk I can take… I mean, what am I SUPPOSED to do? Just forget you and move on? Is that right?
If only it was that simple… You know… It’s funny. I used to say “I’ll NEVER fall in love.” But look at me now…I’m going crazy (over you!)
I miss when I was in the fifth grade…I met you that year. What a wonderful year it was… We became amazing friends! We grew closer and closer with every day we talked. Darn! That was the best year ever!
But now I’m not so sure, because now, I have grown TOO close to you. I’ve written like fifty three poems (About you alone!) Everybody thinks I’m crazy and obsessive. Maybe that’s because, they have absolutely NO clue what I am feeling. But at the same time, I think they are right. I need to let you go…I just HAVE to! But…something is holding me back from doing that.

SOMETHING… The thing is that I’ve got absolutely NO idea what it is, but something is holding me back. I guess what I’m TRYING to say is that… Well… That I LOVE you! With all the little pieces of my shattered heart! I truly, TRULY, mean that! Some people keep telling me that I’ve got to let you go… And don’t get me wrong! I completely agree! I mean, you’ve been the only guy on my mind since that day in 5th grade. *Sigh* If only those people had a clue what this felt like…