High School | Teen Ink

High School

By TheRealAriel1995 PLATINUM, Highland Village, Texas
TheRealAriel1995 PLATINUM, Highland Village, Texas

"See in what peace a Christian can die." - Joseph Addison
"How come everyone will come to your funeral, but nobody will come see you when you are living?"

You're lucky to survive;

The halls
of secret texting
kissing and groping
pushing and shoving
and the bullies
that prowl.

The homework
and projects
of every single class
the teachers assign you
today, tomorrow, and forever.

The lunch
of roaring students
food throwing
ongoing line to lunch
hairnets
unidentifiable food.

The classes
of spit-balls,
desk sleeping,
pencil chewing,
scribing never-ending
notes.

High School.

You're lucky to survive.

i'm a freshman at the moment and i thought it would be fun to right about what i think high school is. I tried to make it deep.

ellyncannon PLATINUM, Mexia, Texas

That which we persist in doing becomes easier, not that the task itself has become easier, but that our ability to perform it has improved.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
<3

ha thanks. I won't try to tick off anyone! hahaha :)

unless u try to tick off the kids on purpose, i proise u wont get thrown in a trash can

on Jul. 8 2010 at 10:42 am
ellyncannon PLATINUM, Mexia, Texas

Ralph Waldo Emerson
<3

haha yeah. Man i gotta suck up to my mom! Shes gonna be my teacher this year!!!!! I will try my hardest not to get thrown in the traashcan!!! haha :)

on Jul. 8 2010 at 10:40 am

im a sophmore now. hey dont worry itz fun! especially freshman year! just follow the golden rule; study, do ure hw, and suck up to the teachers. thatll help ya ;)

on Jul. 8 2010 at 10:16 am
ellyncannon PLATINUM, Mexia, Texas

Ralph Waldo Emerson
<3

Oh, well now I'm nervous. I'll be in high school this year. Wow. OK but really this is a good poem! I love the truth of it (and I only know bout that cuz i've got older sisters and a teacher for a mom.)

sleeplessdreamer PLATINUM, Raleigh, North Carolina

"I have always wanted to write in such a way that people say, 'I have always thought that but never found the words for it.'" -anonymous

I disagree with you. This is great. I love how it's so simple and states things that are so true. I love how the beginning and ending lines are the same. You don't have to be deep and hardcore to write something that people want to read. Great job! Check out my work if you ever get a chance.

lookin' back on wat i wrote, it doesn't seem as good as i thought it was when i was writing it.... :(