Hearts AKA smoke | Teen Ink

Hearts AKA smoke

By FlamableFyre DIAMOND, Spartanburg, South Carolina
FlamableFyre DIAMOND, Spartanburg, South Carolina

I don't have ambitions or desires.
Being a poet isn't my ambition,
it's my way of being alone.
~ Fernando Pessoa ~

Hearts are like smoke, there's no way to catch them, no way to make them stay, and no way to make them leave

LaylaViolet said...
on Oct. 12 2009 at 9:49 am
I totally agree with your poem. You're really good. I'm totally digging your poems. I like 'Driving Rain' best. Keep up the amazazing work! :D

HeavenCooley GOLD, Stillwater, Oklahoma
a poem is never to short, you can write one word and it can mean so much to different people!! keep writing hope to see more. i though you descibed the heart of smoke very well and imagination in this piece of beautiful art!! if i could put 10 stars i totally would!! 5 stars tho:)

on Oct. 9 2009 at 11:06 am
jennee21_ann GOLD, Helper, Utah

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul....wisdom is better than silver or gold."

"You can always close a book, but you can never close the mind of a writer."

wow :) what else can i say? it's beautifully written and the content is soo deep. i love the metaphores you used to describe the heart. it's just an awesome piece. i don't think it's too short, because you said almost everything important about the heart as smoke! :) it's amazing...5 stars :) check out some of my work if you could, i would really appreciate your comments

Wilsonm BRONZE said...
on Oct. 9 2009 at 9:54 am
Wilsonm BRONZE, Jeannette, Pennsylvania
This poem is extraordinary not to mention well written. It gives me a new perspective on love and how you can't make on love you like when you said "no way to make them stay". This poem also compares smoke and the heart well. This poem had an amazing emotional feel. Good job with this poem and keep writing poems. I hope to see more of your work soon.

karlinskib said...
on Oct. 9 2009 at 9:50 am
This poem uses good phrases to describe how the heart is like smoke, but it is a little to short and could describe the heart a little better.