Simple Girl | Teen Ink

Simple Girl

August 20, 2009
By Anonymous

I'm a simple girl, in a big round world.
my friends and peers, tell me "dear, you must go pierce your ears.
Mere suggestions to make me attractive, they took one look at my thighs and said, "You need to be more active"

I'm a simple girl, in a great big world, I think I've lost my way.
with pressure so high, I know the end is neigh, but my days on earth are wasted.

with boys and shoes, make-up and clothes to choose,
I walk through life blindefolded with all its neccessities, reading books on happiness, and "how to get rich" recipes.

I'm a simple girl, in a big round world, I think I've hit rock bottom.
my friends turned against me, spokes lies, and told stories differently.
Broken dreams, and a broken heart, how did my life, so dramatically fall apart.

I'm a simple girl, in a great big world,
I'm lying here dying. there's blood on the floor, my mom's on the other side of the door, screaming "call 911, I think she's found your gun, whatever would she do this for!"

As the voices began to fade, with my mind in a complete haze, clinging to my every breath, I realized the last thing I wanted was death.

with every day, brings closure to your dismay, and time heals every pain.

I was a simple girl, in an unjust world.
where the bad guys always win, and heroes cower before they begin. beaten by the world, for stating what was right, beaten so hard, I gave up the fight.


The author's comments:
This doesn't apply to me. Lol