Lost Within Yourself | Teen Ink

Lost Within Yourself

October 13, 2023
By SSAbeG GOLD, Parsippany, New Jersey
SSAbeG GOLD, Parsippany, New Jersey
15 articles 1 photo 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Within the good people around us, they have demons within them too."


“The power you portray is inevitable. Why can’t you reveal but instead you conceal?

Our knowledge wants to know so much about you, but you can’t even say one thing.

The sadness you kept over the years hasn’t changed. You need to re-sharpen.

The number of hours spent doing nothing and hours without communicating is horrible.

One day you cry, and other times you’re happy. That smile fades away and vanishes.

Mother worries about you, but you do not love her at all until next week.

Father worries about you, but you completely ignore him until the very next day.

Why can’t you just show it to me? Are you worried that I might judge you right away?

Or maybe you don’t want to be humiliated by your own family?

This happens and I understand you. You want comfort but you won’t admit it to me.

I wanted to offer you help but you didn’t care how much I complained to you.

Sometimes you call me an idiot because I bother you. Isn’t it better to open up to me?

I tried calling you over the phone and I noticed you seemed more comfortable talking.

Is it true that you want the attention that you deserve after a major change?

The curiosity of mine kept asking about it and you might go insane just because.

Your eyes darkened as the days went by. The ocean blue darkened and did not sparkle.

Even if you can even say a little hint, I will not say nor act differently.

Your secret is my secret and if you hate me for remembering, so be it.

Your safety is more important than mine and all I want to see is your beautiful smile.