Sunrise | Teen Ink

Sunrise

January 11, 2023
By itzcomplicated5 SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
itzcomplicated5 SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
8 articles 1 photo 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid" -Albert Einstein


People. Students. Kids. All Walking to the same place as everyone else. A bright canvas of vibrant colors skimming through the skyline. Art so beautiful that everyone collects to view the changing colors.

Monotonous. Repetitive. I have been lost in autopilot for some time. It feels as if the plane is crashing yet I can no longer control its staggered movement. The sirens and red flashing lights go off in my head as I sail toward the ground. Air rushing and gushing past my apparatus.

Finale. Abrupt. My consciousness returns as my head jolts back to life, looking around at the bleachers I am sitting on. The kids on the dewy football field make small talk as I wake. My mind's asleep though my body's awake. How could this be? The bell rings as everyone begins advancing toward their respective classes. This is the end of the morning, the end of the "Senior Sunrise".


The author's comments:

As a student, a senior, and a young adult. I had the privilege to enjoy an intriguing event the students host at the beginning of the year: Senior Sunrise. When I move forward and look to tomorrow, I will forever enjoy the fun memory of waking early to watch the sunrise with my fellow classmates.