Through the eyes of a single mother…. | Teen Ink

Through the eyes of a single mother….

July 7, 2022
By Revon123 BRONZE, Ambalpady, Other
Revon123 BRONZE, Ambalpady, Other
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Through the eyes of a single mother;                       Fate shows the pain like the ones no other,               A warm little smile that shines with its grace. Hiding the scars on her chest                               That her torn garments embrace.                      Working day and night                                    Fingers trembling with no sensation,                       But sadly ain’t respected or loved                          By the ‘oldie generation’.


Toxic taunting engraves on her body                     Just as the cycle of time passes,                      Brutality from that late grown piece called husband;                                                             In the form of scars and bruises;                          He flies on planes and enjoys with his breed;     Sails on cruises, thinking money is the utmost need;                                                                He terms his wives plead for love, time and mercy Under his ego and the name ‘silly excuses’.               But this society, blind and endorsed in shame Upholds the man and the lady it abuses.


This world is a haunted place my friend,           Comprising blood sucking monsters                   Who will show you the nearing end;                   She raises her son with utmost care;                   Just to see him dump her in the land of nowhere, Family she not got, her only hope was her daughter Who left her like a shepherd leaves his sheep Amidst a fierce pride to slaughter.


In her heart I see a fire;                                  That’s burning everyday                                      with a better life as a desire.                                 Her voice goes unheard, her face goes unseen,   She now sees her people spitting                            Words on her like some stoned scene;                  You silly people never tried to experience her wave So stop your kiddish play of crying on her stone grave.


Her presence may have vanished,                         but her cry will ever last;                                     Her vibe was pleasing, her elegance was vast.       You failed to hear her misery, yes you lost your chance.                                                         Better luck next time kid, as soon as in your mindset you advance.                                     Remember to honor the one who gave you birth, yes she’s your mother,                                          She might be single,                                              but like her you will never find another.


The author's comments:

This piece of poetry that I have written is depicting the taunting lives of single mothers in the world. It is one of the dearest pieces to me. 
Hope you like it. 
If you do like my works, do consider following me on Instagram: @revon.writes

Happy reading.