Just a Day | Teen Ink

Just a Day

By cs_lahs22 BRONZE, Lehighton, Pennsylvania
cs_lahs22 BRONZE, Lehighton, Pennsylvania

“He said, “ Try to breath deeply, really to taste food when you eat, and when you sleep really to sleep. Try as much as possible to be wholly alive with all your might, and when you laugh, laugh like hell. And when your angry, get good and angry. Try to be alive. You will be dead soon enough.””

The sun has risen bright and yellow. Dancing lightly through the meadow. Leaping in the wind, bright eyes aglow. Mommy calls, “Time for dinner!” Walking back to the house, there is nothing to consider.

Rising still the yellow sun. Growing stronger, living,  having fun. Making friends and walking home. Finally getting to stay alone. No more bed time stories or butterfly kisses, but scary movies and evening wishes.

Now orange sun standing tall and alone. Wishing that afford it could a phone. Paying bills for school and home feeling grown yet quite alone.

Orange sun still growing hot doesn’t miss mother, father, or home a lot. Driving to work in the city, joining every possible comity.

Red hot sun smiling brightly. A family, a home, a life that was earned rightly.

Red sun growing tired and dim. Just waiting for the sky to call it in to sleep. Goodness! That day has passed quickly like the breeze that carried the yellow sun with ease.

Our lives pass us by, and unlike cats we are only give one life to live.