I wish I was a freshman | Teen Ink

I wish I was a freshman

By Var BRONZE, Addison, Illinois
Var BRONZE, Addison, Illinois

Imagine the day, yes that day when instead of stress there’s releif, instead of anger there’s joy, instead of happiness there’s tears. There will be a day when you no longer need to worry about homecoming or prom, uniform or not. There will be a day you walk into a big building, with the fear of being laughed at, to the day everyone looks up to you. There will be a day when strangers turn into friends, and friends turn into family. There will be a time when all your world revolves around grades, gpa, and test scores, those grades, and tests turn into final tests, final grade, and final time in a classroom. The final time to sit and call yourself a student, because after this day your an Alumni. After this day you are an adult. After this day your on your own. After this day friends turn into a distant memory. Reality hits hard. After this day, you realize that being an adult is hard, yet times goes on and there’s is nothing you can do to stop it. AFTER THIS DAY, you will say “ I wish I was a freshman in high school”

I wrote this as a look into the future of how I may feel when I am a senior in high school.