Eccedentesiast | Teen Ink

Eccedentesiast

By MercyofDiscord BRONZE, Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan
MercyofDiscord BRONZE, Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan

"It doesn't matter the amount of gold in your hands. Only the amount in your heart"- Me

Ash was an easy thing for the Wind to blow.

Wood was a hard thing for Wind to blow because it was stiff and heavy.

And yet, when the Flame's tongue engulfed the dry Wood it becomes nothing more than Charcoal.

Charcoal is a difficult thing for the Wind to blow. But when the Wind becomes determined, when the Wind becomes knowledgeable of the challenge at hand then it whistles onto the dry, hot, black chunks and turns the Charcoal to Ash.  

Wood comes from a Tree.

Flame comes from a Spark.

Charcoal comes from the chemical reaction and the behavior between the Wood and the Flame.

When the Wind blows against the Charcoal, it becomes Ash.

When Ash meets droplets of Water it becomes Paint that quickly smudges away.

When Ash, coming from Bones, meets a mixture of sticky Tree sap and a form of glue, it becomes a strong mixture that refuses to leave one's skin unless waited upon for an entire Year.

Ash can be used as Paint.

Ash can stay for Years to come.

Ash can stay or Ash could leave. Either way, it wouldn't make much difference to us.

But if Water chose weather or not if it would stay or it would leave...we would be in trouble.

The Animals would Die.

We would Die.

If Water chose to leave completely than no more Trees or grasses could grow.

No more Charcoal would be made from the smoldering left overs of the downed forest Trees.

.....    But when Flame's tongue dances in the darkening sky and the dried-out riverbanks run black with Death's shadows flowing over them and the great-lake is not there than the Animals will become Charcoal....

And so will we.

From Ash we come. To Ash we go.

Freedom is a choice that is given through society's standards and where and by whom you came from.

Do not blow on the chunks of blackened Charcoal and expect Flame's powerful spark to come flying up into the sky to create a better world for just you, yourself.

Do not take a piece of cold, iron metal, rub it against a pile of weakening Ash and start screaming and boasting about how you made a new 'Paint' all by yourself.

Will you become part of the Ashes?

Or will you rise from them?

FluffMania BRONZE, Republic, Missouri

"Your need for acceptance can make you invisible in this world." -Jim Carrey

I love the connections you made between these processes of nature! It made me think deeply about what you were saying, which is something I so desperately crave these days.