Hero | Teen Ink

Hero

By HannahFreetage GOLD, Hemet, California
HannahFreetage GOLD, Hemet, California

How do you see yourself? Hiding in the clouds rising above the sounds. You wish you were the hero of this lonely story. You need to be the hero and receive all the glory. But sometimes stories seem to die. Don’t fear what you can’t see. It’ll all come crashing down and it’s all you’re meant to be. Bleeding from beneath and here you come to set me free.

Rising above it all you come crashing down to save yourself from the fall. You want to see me rise but smoother me with lies. I can’t find the exit why are all the doors closed? You want to cut the ties and leave me to die. But where’s the fun in that? Where’s the fun in leaving me to splat from the fall? Stop changing the ending there’s no one tending my broken bones. These cuts these lies are all testimonies of a helpless life. You’re not a hero. You’re not my hero. You killed me and dragged me down now I’m drowning in everything that let you down.

It’s my story stop changing the ending. Everything sits on the edge casually pending waiting for your lies to fall. Nothing seems to change the downfall of this broken mess. Why do you act like I am less than you? I can’t see past the horror of your life as you sit near the darkness holding the knife. You ruined the rest of me and now it’s hard to see how you became the hero. How you became my hero.

Everything you did broke me down, everything you said made me drown. I’m swimming in a sea of broken promises and heart-shaped dominance. The clouds rise but you sink back down into your death cup. Watch me slip away into this forever existing pain. You can’t follow my heart into the dark abyss. I hope you don’t miss when you take your shot. Shooting into silence praying for jackpot. How can you claim to be saving me when all you’re doing is ruining me?