My Nirvana | Teen Ink

My Nirvana

By Rebel21 PLATINUM, St. Catharines, Other
Rebel21 PLATINUM, St. Catharines, Other

Where there is desire, there is gonna be a flame,
Where there is a flame someone's bound to get burned.
Just because it burns doesn't mean you're gonna die,
You've got to get up and try.

Beach waves crash into each other as they try to be first to kiss the shoreline. They sing a song of romance that lulls me to sleep so I rest my eyes to hinder my sight, focus on engulfing my ears with their lullaby. When I close my eyes I see the dread that has been lingering my mind be crashed and washed away. Being free of fear and grievous memories is a rare and blissful peace, grateful am I in this moment I savour. Lift my eyelids. Taken aback, the sun gazes upon its' vivacious reflection in the sea and blinds my sight as it dances upon the waves. It burns the eyes to stare for long but it's all I long for. I feel as though I have entered a kingdom of bliss as the warm sand hugs my feet and moves to my comfort. When I try to run across the shore I feel it give out enough to slow my pace but not enough to break my balance; I realize it's not a place to run, not a place to cascade in fear, but a place to ponder and fill your lungs with each breath of blissful peace. At last, I have found my nirvana.

curly_fries said...
this is beautifully written and it painted a fantastic image in my mind. this is a true work of art