Sunshine | Teen Ink

Sunshine

By TayMar GOLD, Copley, Ohio
TayMar GOLD, Copley, Ohio

Sunshine
I sing because sunshine follows the rain, no matter how long it showers.
It can flood, but the sun will eventually evaporate the water and free the ground from its wet prison.
I sing because the rain and sun combine to make beautiful masterpieces.
Flowers, fruits and colorful veggies for the earth to admire, cherish, nourish, and love.
The sun takes the negative and makes something beautiful and beneficial.

I sing because sunshine follows the rain and the sky becomes brighter than ever!
The deepest cuts eventually heal- like a five year old that falls off her bike after trying to keep up with her older brother. She rushes to her mother to kiss her knee and make it feel better than it did before. Like being stuck in the darkest ditch and you rescuer's little flashlight appears to you numb eyes as powerfully bright as a Friday night football stadium.

I sing because my sunshine, Jesus, wipes away all the rain from my eyes.
He never gives me more than I can repair from the floods in my life.
He's my National Guard in my natural disasters- no actually he's much better than the National Guard- he controls the rain and the sunshine- my rain and my sunshine in my life.
He loves me and saves me no matter how many times I am engulfed in the waters- he saves me every time I'm close to drowning.
Jesus uses my rain and my sunshine to create beautiful masterpieces in others' lives. For all this and more I sing.

I sing because sunshine follows the rain.
The sun never forsakes the rain's victims, it always comes.
The sun is our hero when it rains and that is why I sing when sunshine follows the rain.

TayMar GOLD said...
on Feb. 25 2010 at 10:25 am
TayMar GOLD, Copley, Ohio
Thanks for the support!

DinosoarJen DIAMOND, Scottsville, New York

Just another casualty.
It's sad but true.
And even dead I'm still ahead
of most of you.

Really nice writing. Good personification. :]

Well I can't really remember what the rest of my comment was. But I'm working on it. Did you not get it because it takes a long time to load? I tried clicking the MORE button and it's been like 10 mins. I'll figure it out. :]

And Thanks.