We're teenagers | Teen Ink

We're teenagers

December 1, 2017
By alex_watson999 SILVER, New York City, Other
alex_watson999 SILVER, New York City, Other
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
You have to once do something you don't like to do something you love.


We're teenagers,
Earlier were innocents,now are ragers.
Have difficulty waking up in mornings, school makes us feel like nothing's.
Can spent hours and hours on internet posts,can't just do a 5 minute maths homework.
The maths homework which seems of like of a few seconds, but takes almost a lifetime's hours to complete it.
Family now seems like confusion, tumblr and we heart it is a way of expression.
We have problems, everyone calls them tantrums.
We cry all night after break up, the next day only have a new patch up.
The middle school best friend is now no more less than enemy, if they could get an award that would Emmy for worst actress is now what we say.
Don't know why, it is not we're sad but feel empty.
Who knew that we also had goals to become something, when slowly grew up are then nothing.
Love is now differently approached cause now it's hard to make it, every moment ends up with Taylor's song lyrics and shaking it.
Now a guy says I love you, you think they mean it.
Later do you know, he was a liar you wished you earlier knew.
The trust fades away, the days end up in an unfortunate way.
Hoping someone could understand, it's even difficult to stand and face the world.
It all becomes hell to live, all you have left is frustration to give.
We're teenagers, life makes us ragers.
We need support, try to give it.
Try to be a friend if you don't get it.
It's hard years of survival, please give time for revival.
We're teenagers, please understand us.


The author's comments:

Seeing teenagers having difficulties, being myself a teenager tried to give it a voice.