Forget | Teen Ink

Forget

By StephanyMoore3401 BRONZE, Bakersfield, California
StephanyMoore3401 BRONZE, Bakersfield, California

"Find what you love and let it kill you." -Charles Bukowski
"Thank you for the tragedy. I need it for my art."- Kurt Cobain

Sometimes, it’s good to start over. To forget what you used to be and begin something new. The things you did, that you regret, will soon be a repressed memory. Then they will be like dreams, like they never happened, only in your mind. But the people who were with back then-screw them. They made you who you are today- and you hate every single piece, every thought, every fiber of your being that you are today.  You can’t even look in the mirror because all you see are those hateful eyes glaring back at you with disappointment. Those eyes are looking at your faded scars that travel along your arms.Looking at the hollowness where your ribs should be. Looking at all the places where your bones poke out like they are trying to escape. All you see are the broken pieces that are left, but are glued together now. Those piece are you trying to make things better. Trying to forget all the poisons you put into your body. But it's so hard to forget when all you see is the aftermath of what happened. When you look down at your feet- all you think about is where they’ve been. When you look at your hands- all you think about is what they’ve touched. You’re disgusted. That’s why you block out the memories of your past. You change everything. You start over.

I didn't have a very good history when I was younger. I started drugs at a young age. I would always try to quit, but I would always come back to them. It started to the point to where I was losing alot of wieght and wanted to commit suicide. Thankfully, I'm not that way anymore because someone helped me through it. Thank you.