Jenny's Secret | Teen Ink

Jenny's Secret

February 6, 2017
By Error78 SILVER, Woodbounre, New York
Error78 SILVER, Woodbounre, New York
8 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Listen, If you was a fish, Mother Nature'd take care of you, wouldn't she? Right? You don't think them fish just die when it gets to be winter, do ya?" -The Catcher in The Rye


“I might be in love with a boy but that does not make it strange because I am a girl and he is a boy. That's how it works right? Boy meets girl, girl falls in love with boy, girl makes him fall in love with her. But in this case it’s a little harder than you think since i have a secret. You see I am not your beautiful curvy girl that all the boys fall in love with. I am a stick, my bones show and there is no curves to be seen, I am a flat chested weak little girl that no one sees. But I do have long curly blond hair, every boy likes that right? But if I don't shave often that's when I scare them away. But none of that matters when it comes to love, right? He will love me one day right? Because I am a girl and I will make this boy love me. But what if I can’t? What if nobody ever loves me because of… what if I never get love from anyone. I know I am supposed to love a girl because that is how gender roles work, but that would mean a girl loves a girl? But would that be really true? That's not how my mother nor my sister would look at it, my brother would see it as the same way as them, so would the boy I love. Seeing it as normal, but why is that? My best friend would see it the same as me, unnormal. But why is that? I am a girl right? Then why can't I love a boy, and why can’t this boy love me? It's a fact that girls make boys love them, by flashing some of those parts, so why can’t I get the boy I love?”

“Because you are my son…”


The author's comments:

Why is this such a problem?