It Happens | Teen Ink

It Happens

By waterintowine SILVER, Milltown, New Jersey
waterintowine SILVER, Milltown, New Jersey

Varies with every new word i read

Title:Might As Well Be Blind

Why won't anyone look me in the eyes anymore?
They call it staring.
I know them
that won't allow me to gaze
into their gateways.
The ones I love-even them-they say I'm so ---
but I'm not.
Just because I want to see them for once, instead of looking through their smiles and
laughs and cries and
their outfit
and all...

With all this confusion and mistrust and failure
of progression,
I just want someone who will let me look and see something true. One thing or
something that can't be
denied.

I was just watching some kids talk in Spanish class and I recognized-almost instantly-the absence of emotion. Even though they were laughing together, they all seemed oblivious to the fact that friendship has an even deeper concept and that concept is quite beautiful...so yea. That's inspiration :]

on May. 2 2010 at 5:28 pm
AnneOnnimous BRONZE, Peterborough Ontario, Other

"Saying 'I notice you're a nerd' is like saying, 'Hey, I notice that you'd rather be intelligent than be stupid, that you'd rather be thoughtful than be vapid, that you believe that there are things that matter more than the arrest record of Lindsay Lohan. Why is that?' In fact, it seems to me that most contemporary insults are pretty lame. Even 'lame' is kind of lame. Saying 'You're lame' is like saying 'You walk with a limp.' Yeah, whatever, so does 50 Cent, and he's done all right for himself."
— John Green

wow, I love this! I write stories and don't usually like poetry- so i guess I'm not really one to give my opinion on a poem- but this was one of those few poems that spoke to me and made me feel soemthing, and didn't seem like a jumble of big words. Great job!!