Macbeth in a Shrinklit | Teen Ink

Macbeth in a Shrinklit

March 4, 2016
By Maxolm GOLD, Norton Shores, Michigan
Maxolm GOLD, Norton Shores, Michigan
11 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Once upon a stormy night came the three witches of Macbeth
Together they sang, together they prayed “Fair is foul, and foul is fair.”
Poor Macdonwald with head behead, played his last treacherous trick
As Macbeth and Banquo came out glorious they knew King Duncan’s mighty gift
Battle heroes earn heroic deeds, but just not yet the title of King.

Now enter Macbeth and Banquo sometime later only to encounter the witches silent finger
Great riches and titles through catcalls they promise but without recognition none can be counted
Then in a snap if a finger they vanish into thin air leaving poor Macbeth and Banquo to a very fair day
But churning and burning inside Macbeth’s body came the thought of power for that foul promise. 

In a letter to lady Macbeth the grab for power seemed ever so dire
Spirits she called for to harden her soul to complete such an act that deemed out of control
Once Duncan came riding to a place so fair he would never know what foulness lay there
Quick with remembrance Macbeth understood the great King Duncan’s gift and knew he was misunderstood.

But lady Macbeth, poisonous as a snake, saw through his weak heart and shifted his view
Now poor Duncan came to see his friends and never quite knew that it was his tomb
Through sleep they choose to murder the king so he could pass without a weep
Macbeth knew it was wrong but masks can’t cover hearts filled with malice and hate
That night marked King Duncan’s defeat but for Macbeth it was yet another victory.

Moon is down and clock is silent where Banquo stands with Fleance.
Macbeth knows Banquo’s repose and tells him there is no need to worry.
Off to bed Banquo heads leaving Macbeth alone.
A dagger appears pointing towards poor King Duncan only to be an illusion.
The bell ringing invites Macbeth serving as a knell bringing poor Duncan to heaven or hell.

The task is done, all silent indeed, not even Duncan heard his decease.
But wait, there is grief in Macbeth’s plight where he even feels this act wasn’t right.
But Lady Macbeth takes his daggers in hand to return them to the fated plan.
Sleep no more Macbeth the murderer, for inside your dark heart there is malicious intent.
Knocking so slightly again and again here comes Macduff with his kingly gift.

To wake up the King was his task, but an hour late I might add.
But the porter seems to be drunk, the only one blind to the horror, seems in his normal repertoire.
At the hellgates he stands, or at least he thinks, to welcome Macduff but pee he must.
‘Twas a rough night indeed Macbeth for the murder you’ve done but for Macduff it just begun.
The King is dead and his job failed for the waking of Duncan in this life is done.

Faint you must Lady Macbeth to keep the pressure off of Macbeth.
Poor Malcolm and Donalbain, son of the dead, decide it is time for them to run.
To Ireland Donalbain flees while his brother Malcolm prefers the scenes of England.
Falsely accused the brothers are of the murder of their father before.
Will Macbeth be caught with his dagger in the dark, or will his desires keep him stark.

Congrats Macbeth on earning it all, just like the Weird Sisters promised.
Dinner is served good Banquo tonight and it would be a pleasure if you were here.
But Banquo decided it was time for a ride and good ol’ Macbeth requested the time.
Fail not our feast says Macbeth but with every intention to end Banquo’s time.

Come you murderers and fulfill my dirty task for I won’t do it like my last.
I have bestowed a burden upon thee to end the life of Banquo and company.
Oh murderers wait until I call upon you to complete this task in front of you.
Good Banquo my friend your soul will decide whether it be heaven or hell, and it will be tonight.

Scorched the snake maybe now, but danger remains in it’s former tooth.
Lady Macbeth you must understand Banquo and Fleance must be undone alas!
Horses and light signify Banquo’s arrival as he and Fleance come back tonight.
Banquo is killed and Fleance must run, Macbeth you fool it is not done!

The snake lost its teeth at the present but mark thy words Macbeth they will grow back.
The banquet begins and Banquo is there, this time in a form that signifies more.
Driving Macbeth on the edge of reality, Banquo sits right where Fleance will be, the King’s chair.
All of the guests believe something is up and that’s why Macduff is not there.

Hecate is angry with the witches ordeals for they fed ambition to a man without nerve.
Lennox is on to Macbeth saying he doesn’t know why Macbeth is on his killing spree.
Macbeth seeks council from the three witches to gain further insight on his fate or his ruin.
Banquo’s ghost can do much more than any man form can do, for Macbeth is now worried.

Double, double toil and trouble; fire burn, and cauldron double.
All three witches chanted it thrice bringing into creation three apparitions of their own device.
Still uncertain of his fate, Macbeth asks with polite how his future will unfold.
Fear Macduff! Is the rueful answer that he gets, but no the matter he is born natural of a women right?
Macduff laughs at these ghosts for he feels he has won the boast.

Lennox informs mighty Macbeth that Macduff has fled to England to rightfully serve his country.
Macbeth takes advantage of thou’s absence and gets ready to send his murderers again.
Lady Macduff feels abandoned even though Macduff was a great man.
Sirrah his son wonders if his father is a traitor, but in all reality he is killed by the real traitor.
Ordered to slay all in the way, Fife is now sacked by those who oppose the mighty Macbeth.

Malcolm, son of King Duncan, is not sure where Macduff’s heart lies until he is certain Macduff is good.
Good King Edward of England is helping send his best 10,000 men against the traitor named Macbeth.
Poor Scotland is under tyranny but Macduff left for country and a better King.
Not from the legions of hell can they send a devil worse than mighty Macbeth.
Who goes there? T’is Ross who arrives but he brings grave news indeed.

Ross explains deeply sorry for the loss of Macduff’s family at the hand of the tyrant.
Revenge burning inside everyone’s heart I guarantee there will be time to end this joke.
Malcolm reassures Macduff using his grief to bottle that into a rage complete.
Blunt not your heart for sorrows Macduff but convert to anger to overthrow this tyrant.
The night is long in which the mighty Macbeth never sees the light. 

Sleepwalking and sleeptalking was the report of Lady Macbeth but the doctor seemed to have no cure.
Could it be murder, guilt, or a cold black heart at work? Or is sickness part of the prophecy?
The doctor suspected a terrible conclusion but speaketh of it he will not for he values his life.
To Birnam Wood the soldiers travel, but Donalbain is absent.
The soldiers all know Macbeth is sticking to Dunsinane with murder in his heart.

Macbeth is tired of the doctor’s excuse and believes there is a remedy for his wife’s constant abuse.
10,000 men, surely not geese, march upon Macbeth to cleanse Scotland from his grease.
Macbeth’s age is climbing and he is not deserving of the praise of old for his whole kingship was cold.
But unweary of the prophecy he started long ago comes in full circle sometimes unknown.
For Macbeth it’s unfortunate but really who cares because Birnam Wood is coming to Dunsinane.

Soldiers, Malcolm orders, chip off that bark to conceal our true numbers to the spies of the dark.
Hang the banners, cries Macbeth, in his last hopeless manner to escape his fate.
Shrieks from within give a telltale sign that poor Lady Macbeth has committed suicide.
Fearful not to Macbeth for his eyes have seen not only between but what real murder is. 
He seems to careth not because a messenger interrupts with news of a moving wood coming straight at us.

Together they march, the heroes of divine might, against the tyrant whose acts are rapidly ending.
Perhaps bear-baited you are Macbeth and finally you get a chance to whisper at death.
Yes t’is true young Siward found out that Macbeth cannot be killed from a natural born man.
One you killed Macbeth but Macduff you will not for he cut off your head and gained vengeance for all whom fell.
Now proper and right Scotland became when good King Malcolm was set to save the throne and was crowned at Scone.


The author's comments:

All of Macbeth in my intreprataion of a Shrinklit. Combined all 5 Acts together.