A Crystal Day | Teen Ink

A Crystal Day

By Shannon_ GOLD, Atlanta, Georgia
Shannon_ GOLD, Atlanta, Georgia

For we are the children of The Lost Generation and Truth is blind.

It started out normal. Life of just another person. A life that was just taken for granted. Well life isn't what you really thought it was. Life is just a big joke. I just want you to know that everyone is all on their own. All on your own. Life is only pain all put into a series of random events. Well you walk alone. So very cold. Nothing thats not painfully abnormal. Just wait. What do we all see. A once in a life time chance to see. Slowly ever so slowly you see your life in that crystal ball. Fantasys never real. Pain oh so true.Its just life. Why is it here no one cares? Putting on the burdons of life is your daily campaign. Just look one time. Outside nothing is heard of the sorrowful screams you make. Only the crystal day is reflected in your crystal ball.

People have to realize that they can not always rely on someone else to pick up there slack. People have to go through their lives in pain and sorrow if they can not understand that life is more than just a sunny day.

on Jan. 29 2010 at 4:37 am
Katherine93 GOLD, Liverpool, Other

"the only person you are destined to become is the person that you choose to be" - unknown

i agree that this looks kinda like a story, but its amazing anyway.

EmC725 SILVER said...
EmC725 SILVER, Western Springs, Illinois

"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." -e.e. cummings

lovely job! I agree, the structure is a bit challenging to read, but I like it that way. Even though some of your sentences are complete and others aren't, it kinda works out well. Good emotion! It's dark!

ShernayB. DIAMOND, Southfield, Michigan

"Some things will never change"---Tupac

Great!

if you have time, will you please check out my work. Comment and rate if you wish. Thanks!

-Kal- GOLD said...
-Kal- GOLD, Carthage, North Carolina

"Faith sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and recieves the impossible"
-Anonymous

I liked the poem itself, but I do have a suggestion for structure. The way the poem is set up right now, it looks more like a story than a poem. I loved you use of repitition, that was excellent, but structure could definently use a little work. All-in-all though, good job :) 4 stars

Heart SILVER said...
Heart SILVER, Arcadia, California
Shannon, this is really insightful. Great job!