Baby's Flight | Teen Ink

Baby's Flight

November 19, 2015
By WriterGirl12345 BRONZE, Auora, Illinois
WriterGirl12345 BRONZE, Auora, Illinois
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I don't know what the best part of new baby birds hatching is.

Is it the way they chirp for their mothers' when they first hatch, is it the way the mother looks at them smiling because after waiting so long they are finally here, is it they warmth of they family's love because they know that their family is complete, or is it the way the baby birds cuddle up to their mommas for warmth and shelter? No I think the best part is watching them take their first flight.

I love seeing the mother bird smiling and chirping the message to her babies that they can do it. I love watching the babies stand up shaking, jumping out of the nest, and flap their wings flying around for the first time of their lives. I love hearing the sighs of the baby birds because they didn't catch their deaths.

I always love to see that one baby bird that is too afraid to fly so it sits down shaking not wanting to go because its too afraid.

I love seeing the Mother bird nudge the baby to try to get to take its first flight, but its too stubborn to move. Then it happens a sneeze so powerful it blows the baby right out of the nest.

I love watching it shaking, closing it's eyes, and flailing its wings because it feels like it's going to catch its death.

I think my favorite part is when it opens it's eyes and realizes its flying.

I love to see the smile on it's face as it circles around the sky, and falls in love with flying.

I love to see the Mother bird fly over to the baby with that, smiriking at it, chirping "I told you so."

Every time it makes me cheer to see the babies take their first fligh, and to see the doubtful bird finally realize ir doesn't have to be afraid because it can do it.


The author's comments:


What inspired this piece was it was an assignment by my teacher. He gave us one sentence from a famous poem and told us to make our own poems from it. He also made us do line breaks for this poem, and I really don't like line breaks at all. I like to write my poems in one big paragraph, but my teacher wanted to make me do something I was not use to. Although this poem was fun to make I didn't like to do the line breaks.