When I grow up | Teen Ink

When I grow up

October 25, 2014
By SirCharles SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
SirCharles SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
6 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"if you can think, and not make thoughts your aim" - Rudyard Kipling


"what do you want to be when you grow up, kids?"

"i wanna be a doctor"
"I wanna be a scientist"
"I wanna be a lawyer"
"I wanna be a teacher..."
"well mama! Mama! I wanna be a dancer when I grow up. Don't you see the way they're moving, sliding and grooving. Mama, look at their feet! Moving in a pattern with fluent steps, whether they're in a studio or in the street. The steps we take everyday mama, going up the stairs, going to the park, going to school and even going to bed, all of that. They put it into a rhythm, their feet moving mysteriously like a phantom. I wanna be a dancer mama. Can you help me? Pppllleeaaassseee, I wanna move like the wind, feel the flow in my body with music and moves more numerous than sand. Awwwww mama I want it to be more than a hobby, I want it to be life. Moonwalking and gliding, tutting and breaking, ballet and Latino, I don't care mama. I wanna be a dancer, that is all I want for Christmas. I wanna be pro mama. Chris brown mama, but don't worry. I won't hurt you because you'll be the biggest best partner in the whole wide world.
Mama, when I grow up, I wanna be a dancer."