Church isn't where you go | Teen Ink

Church isn't where you go

By staryskies GOLD, Siteki, Other
staryskies GOLD, Siteki, Other

I ran from here
The motion of my feet was slow,
I moved with Swift changes.
And I didn’t know my actions
Had shadows,
Mimicking me.
Questiong me,
Asking me,
Why I left,
How can I explain to the
Deaf that it was spiritual theft
To praise God out of habit
To entertain what was only a Sunday oractice.
They didn’t see that my invoulantary enemies were int hose four walls
Talking about, torturing me,
Tempting me
Using God’s place as a platform to project
Hate.

But I am not blind,
I see those of good,
Those of love,
And they are still there
-singing
They followed me,
-encouraging
And I was remined that church’s foundation was laid in my heart.

Yet still, I remember what provoked me enough
To change
What broke me enough
To leave.
I take these steps to forgiveness..
Of myself too.

But-
They ask me why I left the church.
I tell them
‘’I never left the church, It lays within me, I just left the building’’.
and that's that.

though it is good to fellowship,it mustn't be forgotten that we go to church to enhance our INdividual relationship. and thats not a display.

on Oct. 6 2014 at 4:40 am
staryskies GOLD, Siteki, Other
Thank you, Both you're feedback are So Appreciated. This encouragment means alot,i will believe in the greatness given to me and I also truly agree, god is everywhere,transending through any religion.Thank you 

EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

I love this. It's so true. It has so much depth and truth. I agree with TheComet. I loved of all it, but my favorite part was, "But -/They ask me why I left the church./ I tell them/ I never left the church, It lays within me, I just left the building."/and that's that. It's absolutely, beautiful and true. You have such a talent and greatness in you; believe that, because you do. Thank you so much, for sharing this. :) 

TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret" -Ambrose Bierce
" Be yourself! Everybody else is already taken ;)"
"Don't go where the path leads you. Go instead where there's no path and leave a trail ;)"-R.W.Emerson

Though we don't have the same religion, I can easily say that I completely agree with you on the fact that you don't need to go a church or a mosque to pray god and be heard. The good lord is everywhere watching us from up above. He's the one who knows us best, who knows what's in our hearts better than anyone in the whole world. No need for words or actions to let god know how you're feeling, cuz he's aware of everything. You don't need to be at a specific place so your prayers get heard. It's like saying that god is available 24/7 lol ^_^ anytime and any place. Just raise your hands, close your eyes and get closer. You'll feel him right beside you ^_^  Great job on this, it was awesome and really true even though we do not have the same religion. 5/5 stars as always :D Thanks for sharing this, cuz it is kind of personal but you had the courage to share it so thanks ^_^