Angels and Light | Teen Ink

Angels and Light

By GoatGreen GOLD, Boise, Idaho
GoatGreen GOLD, Boise, Idaho

We make a living by what we make, but we make a life by what we give

In thosen we love
The lives we touch
The angels wings
Give us as much
Float away
In our minds
Never forgotten
Lost in time

God will grant
Among the true
Who live the life
Just as you

Hearts words
Weaved in thread
The stories told
Will never end

Give your passion
Make it sweet
Love is long
Birds will sing
Knots were tied
They'll never free
Touch the sky
You make me believe

Words of wisdom
Have trained my soul
What has happened
We'll never know
Flowers bloom
In the month of May
Take my hand and sway away

The light has come
It's time to go
Free my hand
Let live and let go
I will be here when you need
Give a prayer, I'm easy to see

deticated to my grandmother, stay strong.

GoatGreen GOLD said...
GoatGreen GOLD, Boise, Idaho

Well, honestly, I can see your point, and I agree; I should have put a little more time improving it. But for the subject, I had made this poem for my grandmother before she died of liver cancer. It was kind of disappointing considering when I told her I had made it for her, she didn't want to read it. And the next day prior of making the poem for her, she passed. She never got to hear it. But, anyway, thank you very much for reading this and hope you read my others. And sorry for not responding back to you right away, for the longest time I have had a lot of stress and didn't go on this site very much. But I did post a couple of other poems so please feel free to read them. Thank you. Goat Green

Kit-Kait BRONZE, Amherst, Virginia
Ehm... This was truly good, although I saw a few points that made me get rather confused... For one, I saw a few "errors", perhaps in spelling/grammar... Was the first line, "In those we love"? I also saw that there was no punctuation, and, although it is not always needed, periods mark the end of a thought, and I saw you giving several thoughts within this poem... Perhaps one of the lines should be "The heart's words" or "Heart's words"? It made absolutely no sense to me... I gave this three out of five stars, only because I wasn't exactly sure of the subject... Don't let this discourage you; this was really good, and you have talent, as I can see... Keep writing! -Kait[lyn]