Her Song | Teen Ink

Her Song

By rockyyyyyyyyy SILVER, Lawrenceville, Georgia
rockyyyyyyyyy SILVER, Lawrenceville, Georgia

dont let people drive u crazy if you know its in walking distance

A lullaby
lured me to wake;
of thy glinting eye,
thy gleaming hate,
Who, in a sepulchre
dwells doth she,
the holiest of beauties!

on Apr. 13 2015 at 12:20 am
Jade.I.Am ELITE, Fishers, Indiana

“If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose”
― Charles Bukowski

Hey there. Beautiful poem. Hope you're doing well

Angel_Wing23 GOLD, Wolcottville, Indiana

"You know what "Normal" is? A setting on a washing machine. No one wants to be that." - Ashley Purdy from the band Black Veil Brides said that and I am going to keep using this quote.

I like how you used words that haven't been around for a long time. (Mostly words that are in the Bible.) But still good keep up the good work >^_^

on Jul. 8 2013 at 1:24 am
AdrienneMPayne SILVER, Gainesville, Florida

I write because it silences the voices in my head.

Subtle...  Simple...  Elegent...  Mysterious...  Sweet...  And hinting at sensuality...   This poem has a beautiful fragrance... Like perfume.  It captures a mood in a few lines.  Well done.    

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

Rocky, you're a romantic at heart. Your poetry is so classical. Like Mozart compared to the like the awfully autotuned poetry of today. 

on Jun. 27 2013 at 1:46 am
Kit-Kait BRONZE, Amherst, Virginia
Rocky, you are an immensely wonderful poet, and some of your pieces are tear jerkers. You make me want to be a better artist, and find a better sense of who I am as an artist. I know I do not need to say all of this, but you are awesome in immense, glorious ways. I love your poetry. Keep writing!

SongBird04 said...
SongBird04, Littleton, Colorado

You've gotta take the good with the bad, smile when you're sad, love what you got and remember what you had. Always forgive but never forget, learn from your mistakes but never regret. People change and things go wrong but always remember life goes on

Bringing out the inner-shakespeare! haha! I love this, it's short and simple but also deep. nice job!