Texting is a lot like talking, except you lie. | Teen Ink

Texting is a lot like talking, except you lie.

By IThinkIWIllJustFlyAwayNow PLATINUM, Visalia, California
IThinkIWIllJustFlyAwayNow PLATINUM, Visalia, California

A woman is like a teabag, you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water- Eleanor Roosevelt

My heart jumps and makes a small noise when my phone vibrates. It's a text. From him. I wait a precautionary second before opening the pretend envelope. He says:
"Hey. How r u doing?"

I close my eyes and let my breath run out over my lips, hang in the air before me. I don't know where it goes after that. I start to text:
"I'm miserable because I can't feel the rise and fall of ur breathing. The vibration of ur voice in ur throat i kiss to keep a bit of it, it's like chocolate. I want to feel the bridge of ur nose against my cheek, hovering because your lips want to be on mine; I don't know, something about two pilgrims. I want to pull into ur chest, feel the world dissolve around my feet, wade thru it w u. I'm not in love w u, I'm knot in love w u. I know the same air slides over ur skin like mine, what if air u've breathed has reached me? I don't want to talk about my feelings w u, I want to throw them at u like that kid in dodge ball. If it bruises, I will kiss it better, I promise. "

And then I erase it all and type "Fine :)"

Being a teenager is difficult because it's not allowed to be difficult. Adults always tell you that what you are feeling is not love, you don't even understand the concept of love. You can't be in love with someone at your age. Fine. I'm in love with the space between every cell in his body. No one can take that from me. Except him.