The Spider and Butterfly | Teen Ink

The Spider and Butterfly

By Hkay04 BRONZE, Choctaw, Oklahoma
Hkay04 BRONZE, Choctaw, Oklahoma

I have many!

I'm a butterfly that got caught in your web and you're the spider that wants me dead. Your handsome silk body drew me in, now you take your web and start to spin. You wrap your stocky web around my face,across my chest,and across my face, and as much as I know this is wrong, I've wanted to be in your web for so long. I never thought you would start to kill and your softness would turn to steel. I guess I will close my eyes, while you wrap me tight and my body dies. I thought I could be part of your life, But you wanted to stab me like a knife, You stuck me threw my skin with your poison fangs, Then you kissed me and left me to hang. What did I ever do to you for you to think I needed to be bit threw? All I ever wanted to do was be with you, but now I'm stuck and don't know what to do. What if I wanted to say I love you? I wouldn't be able to. I can't make you hear me out, all I do is cry and shout, you wrap me up tighter everyday, just to leave me here to lay, but I want you to stay! I've never been pulled in this tight to any ones web and I've never had someone as good as you mess with my head.I thought I was a butterfly, then I entered your world and I'm about to die. How dare you do this to me! You have wrapped me so tight that you're all I see! I love everything about you, but you took advantage of me. You're all that I want, but I don't have you and I'm still not free! What made you do this to me? Why can't you see what I want you to see? You're the only one for me but you're killing me! Wait a minute! I'm starting to move away from the web you wrapped me in, I think I can finally breath again, but I don't want you to know that I'm alright, because I want you by me day and night! I don't know why you tried to kill someone that loves you so much,but either your poison was weak or I finally became tough, I'm done falling for you now, I'm getting out of this web, I'm just not sure how.. Oh yes I do! I just escaped, all I have to do now is forget you! I'm going to spread my wings and be free, someday you'll wish you had me! You're going to be all alone or have someone pull you into their home, then they will stick you like a knife, and you will wish I was back in your life. I was the best thing ever stuck in your web, now you're going to find someone who will make you feel dead.I'm not new to the traps you make, I'll be free flying over oceans and lakes, and you'll be getting ate by birds or snakes. You thought you could kill me but I'm better than you'll ever be. Forget all the lies you said, I wish you were the one caught in the web, that way you would know how it felt to love someone so much you wished you were dead. I love you more than you will ever know, but I guess Butterflies and spiders just don't go...

This piece is about someone I fell in love with, but he did not want to be with me... He tricked me into thinking he did though and used me.