Untitled | Teen Ink

Untitled

April 11, 2010
By phototfreak16 SILVER, Covington, Indiana
phototfreak16 SILVER, Covington, Indiana
5 articles 11 photos 14 comments

Favorite Quote:
"It's not about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep going." - Rocky
"If life gives you lemons........ go sit in the living room and watch TV." - My dad on what to do if life gives you lemons


I'm tired of hiding behind this mask and trying to be someone I'm not. Being me shouldn't be a hidden task, I hear "be who you wanna be" a lot.

Sometimes I wish I wasn't here.
I rarely like what I see in the mirror. I work so hard to get your attention, but I never even get a mention.

You caused me so much pain in the past, it's the kind of pain that will forever last.
It still affects me now and it still hurts inside.
I can't believe how much you lied.

I want so badly to forget you,
sometimes I almost do.
But when I take one look in your eyes, I get on a sort of emotional high.

I don't know why I like you anymore, you never showed you liked me back.
When I told you how I felt, you couldn't help but talk some smack.
It seemed like then you made fun of me more.

I don't know how I can have feelings for you anymore.
I feel like you trap me with your gaze.
I feel like a dead body being washed ashore.

Lifeless, soul-less, no reason to live.
This is how I felt after the things you said to me.
I felt completely worthless.
But now I know I have a higher purpose.

You almost caused me to hurt myself, I really wanted to die.
But thank God for my wondeful friends, who told me that my life wasn't worth a guy.

I listened to God, and he helped me out of the darkness you left me alone in. I can't go through that pain and depression all over again.

So this is me saying goodbye, I'm still getting over you.
I think I can find a better guy.
I know he will treat me better than you, that's not a very hard thing to do.

I hope for your sake that you wise up.
I guess you'll never really know me.
But then again it's your loss, I hope you miss me.


The author's comments:
I wasn't sure how to classify this poem so I just put other lol but it is a true story about a guy in my life that hurt me really bad and whenever I see him in the hallways at school, all of that pain floods into my system like I just injected a drug into my veins.