You only wished i missed you | Teen Ink

You only wished i missed you

By dCaRtH GOLD, Warrington, Pennsylvania
dCaRtH GOLD, Warrington, Pennsylvania

Who are you to judge me, I know i'm not perfect and i don't claim to be but before you start pointing fingers make sure your hands are clean first

I loved you, I thought you were the reason for the shining stars and rise of the sun and moon every day. And now you left the stage of my life. My heart never even got a chance to know you. The chances and things I missed from your sore absence left a gap in normalcy for me. But is losing what you never had a chance with better than losing what you knew so familiarly? You were never fit to do the job so you quit. It took me many years to get over you and I have now recovered from the emotional scarring you left me covered in. But now I may be over you, and yet the scars still hurt, and are complicated relationship shall never be rekindled. Now I am doing fine and you have the audacity to come back to me on your hands and knees begging pathetically for forgiveness and sympathy, I don’t think so. You had your second chance when you said goodbye. I’m not sure if I can ever be able to forgive you. But is it fair for me to be disappointed in someone who had no example to follow? I don’t know anymore, I can’t deal with the constant irreplaceable hunger anymore. Until you can get yourself together, I am done.

This poem was about my father and how chances aren't handed out freely