Lost In The Sound | Teen Ink

Lost In The Sound

By tomorrowdarling SILVER, Braselton, Georgia
tomorrowdarling SILVER, Braselton, Georgia

I could dwell on this feeling over and over. It quenches my thirst but I continue to yearn for more. Every part of my being aches for it. I could consume every bit of its magnificence until it fills my soul completely. And I would still seek out the stunning experience that washes over me. It takes me to places unimaginable.
It lifts me high in its glory, and hides me from my darkest fears. It fights off my demons. It exterminates my nightmares. It picks me up when I am weak and can no longer carry on alone.
It saves. It beckons. It calls my name. I run into its arms and its unending comfort. It wraps me in pleasure and delight. It is pure ecstasy. It is my wildest dreams. It is the sanest insanity. It is instant reality, unceasing clarity. It is pure fantasy.
An ocean full of sound. Salty and sweet. Full of marvelous life and infinite depth. It is unending. I travel on its bending waves. It’s winding paths. It’s brilliant color and surreal light. It is faith. It is hope. It is realization. I travel blindly trusting its direction. Trusting its twists and turns, rivers and streams. Following its hills and valleys, deserts and tundra’s. I travel down dark alleys searching for its lamppost.
It does not fail. It will not dwindle. Never abandons. Always helps. Constantly holds. It will eternally take me under its wing,and never let me go.

This piece came to me late at night when I couldn't fall asleep. I was thinking about how much I love music so I just started writing how I felt. It was longer then I expected it to be but it was flowing so smoothly I kept on going. I have a passion for writing and music. So writing how I feel about music just comes naturally. I think that this piece can be more then just music. It could be a feeling. A friend. A loved one. It could be your faith or your beliefs. Whatever it is I think anyone and everyone can relate somehow. If you read this I hope it spoke to you in some way. Enjoy.

irenerose PLATINUM, Lawton, Oklahoma

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter." -Martin Luther King Jr.

i definately see your view about music. really awesome, and true. double thumbs up. :)

Sim One said...
Really touching. I felt like I was being tossed around in the greatest ocean wave. Awesome...