The Beauty of the Night | Teen Ink

The Beauty of the Night

By xlacrossex22 GOLD, Glenshaw, Pennsylvania
xlacrossex22 GOLD, Glenshaw, Pennsylvania

“I laugh, I love, I hope, I try, I hurt, I need, I fear, I cry. And I know you do the same things too, So we're really not that different, me and you.” ~Colin Raye~

I sprawl out across the luscious green grass, allowing myself to be carried away into the beauty of the evening.
The burning sun melts into the horizon, as daylight is slowly consumed by moonlight.
Crickets chirp and locust cry, their sweet harmony sooths my troubled mind. Soon I will be completely lost in their strange duet.
A cool breeze rustles through the trees, and creeps up my spine. It whispers softly in my ear. 'Another day has come and gone. Darkness is all that's left.'
The stars emerge one by one, lighting up the sheer black sky.
The sweet scent of Honey-suckle tangles itself into the cool summer air. I breathe deep breaths taking in all the world has to offer. The pure aroma of life fills my empty lungs.
Around me the Earth grows still. No trees rustle, no locust cry.
And for a moment, there is peace.
I hold my breath. I long to stay in this tranquility forever.
Out of the stillness my name is called.
The serenity has shattered. It slips farther and farther away, like sand falling through my fingers.
The night has come back to life. I am able breathe once more.
But alas, I must leave my mind's sanctuary.
Tomorrow, I will be back again to sprawl out in the luscious, green grass, and allow myself once more to be carried away, into…
The Beauty of the Night.

I love to read and write and I hope this site will help me become a better writer. I would really love to get come feedback on my work. Constructive criticism is what I'm here for, so comment please!!!!

ShernayB. DIAMOND, Southfield, Michigan

"Some things will never change"---Tupac

You are a great writer.

I hope that you keep writing.

This piece is full of beautiful imagery.

I adored it.

Check my work out if you have time please. Leave a comment and rate if you wish. Thanks!

CarlyG GOLD said...
CarlyG GOLD, Emmaus, Pennsylvania

"Never let the odds keep you from doing what you know in your heart you were meant to do." H. Jackson Brown Jr.

This is a deep moving piece. I really like your work. Thank you for your comment on my own poem. And I would love it as well, if you would give me more feedback on my others. I just have one suggestion for this piece, "The pure aroma of life fills my empty lungs." Would you like to instead of lungs say heart, perhaps? Or chest? I just don't know about the word lungs. It doesn't flow too well.