Anecdotes and Hopes | Teen Ink

Anecdotes and Hopes

July 15, 2009
By CASTROLmatt GOLD, Coolidge, Arizona
CASTROLmatt GOLD, Coolidge, Arizona
14 articles 11 photos 59 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Sometimes you have to take life less seriously to get where you want to be."


The sun's calling out to the kids made of salty seasons! And they've all grown like trees. Burning their shoes on the streets and their eyes on the clouds.

Today's like combusted cotton on warm days. The water's fresh from the sky. Today's neither your's nor mine. Let's just bask in the shine!

Come on out and play with me! We don't wanna waste away! Time's running off the wrist. Let's go find the summer's first kiss!

Today's like combusted cotton on warmer days. The water's fresh from the sky! Today's neither yours nor mine. Let's just bask in it's shine!

Staying out till five in the morning! Come waste these days along with me! Lay out on the stadium's floor. Make a fire and nothing more!

Today's like combusted cotton on warmer days! The water's fresh from the sky. Today's neither your's nor mine. Let's just bask in it's shine.

Lay my fingers on the keys. She's dancing to electronic beats. Love happens all through these sheets. Kisses exchanged as treats!

Today's like combusted cotton on warm days! The water's fresh from the sky. Today's neither your's nor mine. Let's just bask in it's shine.

Staying out till five in the morning. Come and waste these days along with me.


The author's comments:
This poem is about the good times I've had in past summers and times I hope to have in the future.