Catholic School Girls | Teen Ink

Catholic School Girls MAG

Born with a silver spoon
later used to freebase heroin
Boredom and cynicism catalyze the
rec-room adventures in little plaid skirts
and mary jane (shoes).
Volleyball practice is eased by meth
and you don't mind doing it
when you can blame it on GHB.
White-lace trimmed socks
white, minimally buttoned blouse
white lacey bra
stares at the white face of a teacher
who can't stop staring
or blushing the colour of their
Pink Mini Coopers
with roxy decals
that take them away
to glittery raves
and beach-house parties
Older men buy them fruity drinks
that sting with more
than citric acid.
They put the little umbrellas behind their ears
giggle, and sensually, purposely flick their tongues
across the full lips
sweetened with vanilla-flavoured gloss.
They are in full comprehension of the power
of their developing sexuality.
They escape from realities that are not harsh
with (cherry) coke-laced laughs and
brain cells that pop like bubble gum.

i love this so much!

on Dec. 6 2013 at 7:10 pm
fireandrain PLATINUM, Wayland, Massachusetts

"People who think they are crazy enough to change the world usually end up being the ones who change it."

I'm sorry, but are you Catholic? I am, and am extremely offended by this. Most Catholic schoolgirls practice their religon and are not that. (referring to your baltently rude and innacurate poem)

on May. 21 2011 at 6:47 am
HorseLover SILVER, Dallas, Texas

"A boat is safe in the harbor. But this is not the purpose of a boat."~Paulo Coelho, author of The Alchemist

I think this was well written, but I have to disagree with your opinion. Girls who go to cathlic schools are the same as girls in other private schools or in public schools--they just go to a different school!

on Apr. 15 2011 at 7:42 pm
Dragonscribe BRONZE, West Lafayette, Indiana

"A Person's a Person no Matter how Small"
and
"A Rose by Any Other Name Would Smell as Sweet"
and
"God helps those who help themselves"

Yes! And we're not all rich! My family is middleclass and I don't get everything I want, and my brain cells don't pop like bubble gum - I get straight As!

on Mar. 21 2011 at 6:26 am
likeitmatters SILVER, New York, New York
In my opinion, If you are going to make fun of something, make it funny. This wasn't amusing at all though. You seem talented, but with this poem, no one is going to notice. They will be too offended to care.

on May. 11 2010 at 6:30 pm
treegirl93 BRONZE, San Antonio, Texas

Be nice to trees- they'll become books someday.

Not all people who go to Catholic schools are rich. I go to an all girls school and most of our parents are working class, those who have cars are hand- me- down vans. A great majority of us aren't stuck up or drug addicts. Although there are a few bad apples you should really check your facts before making such harsh statements.

on Dec. 28 2008 at 4:20 am
I myself am also a Catholic School girl- or I was one. Now I go to public school. But, I am Catholic. We are not strippers. I find this offensive.

on Aug. 31 2008 at 7:10 am
personally, i think this is offensive and completely wrong.

I am a catholic school girl and I am not at all like what this says. My school-like all other private schools has a strict dress codes and has a Zero-tolerance policy. If you get caught smoking so much as a ciggarette you can be expelled. The parking lots are not filled with pink mini coopers and we button our shirts up all the way.

I understand this is a creative work but it is cruel. I go to a catholic school because it has the best academics in the state and very nearly the entire country. I think you should really reassess your view on "catholic school girls" we are not like Britany Spears. go figure.