The Struggles of Happiness | Teen Ink

The Struggles of Happiness

January 31, 2023
By 3getz PLATINUM, Hartland, Wisconsin
3getz PLATINUM, Hartland, Wisconsin
29 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The antonym of pink is the darkness of the night and the dirtiness of the slushy snow.

The swirl of loneliness is the quick gust of wind that hurts your ear.

At the center of boredom is nothing, just you alone with your thoughts, standing in a void of nothing. 


The sadness of puppies is the long empty nights of sitting in bed and staring at the ceiling.

Tossing sadness is like tossing a plastic bag that comes back with bigger tectancles. 

The rock bottom of October never will be escaped unless you climb out. 


The shape of the past fits inside your palm and you can crush it at any time.

Underneath peace is people sleeping peacefully, some snoring and others blowing air out of their nose.

If you turn hope on high, you’ll see brightness and colors for the first time but it will burn intensely.


At the top of tomorrow waits a chest full of gold and treasures waiting for you. 

The opposite of tender is soft like a fluffy stuffed bear on someone's bed. 

The Valley of Happiness has a smiling sun and a safe place where it never rains.