You’re Awake, When You’re Asleep | Teen Ink

You’re Awake, When You’re Asleep

By 3getz PLATINUM, Hartland, Wisconsin
3getz PLATINUM, Hartland, Wisconsin

My eyes shut. I see my grandma and King Louis XIV chuckling with his dark brownish orange nightgown. They force fed me a crepe with ham & bacon and a smoothie with hints of watermelon, bananas & strawberries. This isn’t spectacular. “You’ve gained weight” said my grandma but I swear she sounded different. She almost sounded like famous actor Owen Wilson. They disappeared. I was all alone. I am on the ground sitting with the light snow with the heavy breeze surrounding my every breath. I fight to keep my eyes open, I see 809 hanging on a sign. Suddenly I’m inside somewhere warm, from the other room I hear a weird chant. “That’s cap, you don't dap with your huge gap, you only drink tap, I’m finna take a nap”. He sounded eerily familiar like a CFO of a big company eating a bright blue neon crab on a platter while wearing dark green fish flops. I sneakily went into the other room, I saw Dr. Suess sleeping on a goose. I wanted to leave but what I learned in my physics lab is that Fnet=ma and if I accelerate too fast then my Fnet will be too big and he’ll wake up. I ran for it anyway and he woke up. He caught up to me and I was scared as a vaca getting its leche milked out of it by a big broad spanish man in a suburb of Venice, Italy. I was stuck in place like he was medusa and I was my ex girlfriend from 5th grade, Kiersten. I was scared. He was scared. We were all scared. That's when I heard my alarm go off. My eyes opened.