No | Teen Ink

No

By AmaraKwameTheOnlyOne GOLD, Durban, Other
AmaraKwameTheOnlyOne GOLD, Durban, Other

Action without thought is empty. Thought without action is blind.
– Kwame Nkrumah

Are you foolish?

No

Are you stupid? 

No

Are you crazy?

No

Are you brainless?

No

Are you kiddish?

No

Are you annoying?

No

Then what are you?

I am me

But we see yes in place of your nos

I am me

Are you, you?

Yes

Foolish, stupid, crazy, brainless, kiddish, annoying, you?

mhmm yes. And true.

period.

Storytime

My best friend Abeena is like, a late bloomer in everything, studies, maturity, and everything. In fact, everyone in our class used to mock her because it takes her some time to understand what she's taught. She's like, a kid with an adult body, more like a cute teen body when she's like about 10, maybe.

now she's 14. Her mother passed away at childbirth. When she asked her dad where her mom was, he didn't want to ruin her feelings so he said that, she had gone on a long trip and would be back soon. This lie was continued for years.

a  few years ago, the popular girl in class told abeena that her mother met a ghost, married the ghost, and gave birth to a half-ghost, half-human child and that haunted child is her half brother. They live in an invisible castle right next to her house. Abeena who was so excited believed the story due to her immaturity and the popular girl mocked her a lot. All the kids mocked her saying that ghosts were humans who passed away and that you can't marry someone you died.

now abeena is all out of the immature stage is living her life her way believing what she has to and avoiding what she has to. Good luck on your life Abeena. Happy to have you as my bff. <3

on Jul. 22 2022 at 9:01 pm
Egycal52 SILVER, --, California

"Hats off to the past, coats off to the future."
- American Proverb
"Why do you keep hiding behind your mask,
When even the scars formed by your mistakes
are you own constellations?"

this is going in my favorites! I love it, I love the format, the simplicity, the message, and I love that you're supporting your friend. Wishing your friend Abeena the best of luck (and you too!)