If only you knew | Teen Ink

If only you knew

By Asherah1133 BRONZE, Ensign, Kansas
Asherah1133 BRONZE, Ensign, Kansas

Pen isn't mightier than sword. Pens don't win battles, and swords don't write poetry.
Mighty is the hand that knows when to pick the pen and when to pick the sword.

If only you knew.

If only you knew how your words cut me like daggers.

I tell myself, maybe if you knew what your bitter words did too me, then maybe just maybe you wouldn't say them.

But then I think about the past and remember everything that has been said.                      And then...And then I'm not so sure. I'm no longer sure that you would show me mercy.                         

I am held against the sharp point of your dagger never quite knowing, when I'll be struck. It's like playing with a bomb, you never when the pin will drop.

Maybe it is me. Maybe I'm the reason you are this way. I'll never know.                            I have guesses, but no real answer.                                                                                              Maybe one day when I'm no longer held at the tip of your dagger, I'll ask without the fear of being cut into pieces. I'll have my answer then, if ever that day comes.

If only you knew, that I will never stop loving you, no matter the words that are said.      I would still give my life to save yours.

I don't think people understand the extent to which words can hurt someone.              Yes they're only words, but they are also much more than that as well.                                               Words can be a lethal weapon. Words can cut people down until there is nothing left inside of them to care anymore. Words can make you want to give up. To want nothing more than to just be done. But some where in that you have to find the strength to fight.  To not give up. There is so much more to this life, that we have yet to see. If we stop now we'll never get to see it. It's dark right now but there is ALWAYS a light at the end of the tunnel and you are NEVER alone. God is with you every step of the way you just might not see Him in the moment but when you look back you will.                                              Choose carefully the emotion that you let control your words. Always be kind.                      There are tons of kind people in the world so if you can't find one then be one.

Afra DIAMOND said...
on Feb. 22 at 1:40 am
Afra DIAMOND, Kandy, Other

"You can’t ask other people to believe you and vote for you if you don’t back yourself."
-Jacinda Ardern-

"If I can make someone's day brighter, happier, better, that makes me happier."
-Ava Max-

"A writer must never be short of ideas."
-Gabriel Agreste- (Fictional character- Miraculous)

"A Bridge Has Two Sides."
-Elsa- (Fictional character- Frozen)

β€œI knew who I was as a girl but I had to find who I was as a woman.”
-Delta Goodrem-

This poem is really touching!!! Nice work writing it...πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»