I used to look at her and think of fall | Teen Ink

I used to look at her and think of fall

By Rosetintedche3ks BRONZE, San Antonio, Texas
Rosetintedche3ks BRONZE, San Antonio, Texas

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being excited about what could go right

When I look at her I think of fall. Her colors are as warm as her greetings. A gentle breeze plasters a smile upon her face.

"I miss fall weather" she says sadly. I sigh because I know. I know she misses watching the leaves change colors, I know she misses taking in the crisp fall air,

I know she misses the smell of pumpkin spice with cinnamon everywhere,

I know she misses the memories attached to the season in which she tries to hold onto but it all becomes such a blur as her days become shorter and shorter.

For now as the scents fade away and we sit in this hospital bed which we imagine the leaves no longer..All I can think about is...I used to look at her and think of fall. 

I wrote this piece when my best friend passed away from cancer in 2020..Fall was her favorite season and everytime it comes around I can't help but to think of her.

Palo said...
on Nov. 21 at 12:29 pm
Palo, San Antonio, Texas
It’s beautiful seeing how you can speak about her through what she loved most! I loved it <3

on Nov. 18 at 4:16 pm
Skylaharciniega, San Antonio, Texas
This was soooo beautiful, thank you this poem was very moving

aiisuuru said...
on Nov. 17 at 8:27 pm
aiisuuru, San Antonio, Texas
i loved this alot, especially bc it reminded me of past experiences ive had and this piece was super super beautiful :,)

xlmx said...
on Nov. 16 at 11:19 pm
xlmx, San Antonio, Texas
This is so beautiful and moving ❤

emmeraldjade said...
on Nov. 16 at 10:58 pm
emmeraldjade, San Antonio, Texas
absolutely love it. you are amazing <3