Resilience | Teen Ink

Resilience

July 30, 2021
By LehansaF BRONZE, Fairbanks, Alaska
LehansaF BRONZE, Fairbanks, Alaska
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I look at myself 

I can't believe I'm still standing 

After falling down on myself

Multiple times, hoping for the best 


When I am on my knees 

I run to my bestie

and I am free 


Thanks to my best friend 

I am back on my feet 

standing tall and being me 

Thank you my bestie


The author's comments:

I am Lehansa and I am going to be a high school freshman for the upcoming school year. Writing and making music is something I love to do, and poetry falls into the writing category. 

When I was in 3rd grade, I learned about poetry and wasn't fond of it until my 8th-grade year. In 8th grade, my English teacher chose to have us make a collection of poems for our project. I wasn't happy about it, until I started learning about the different poems and writing many poems. After I was finished writing my poems, I was and still am proud of myself. Nowadays, I still write poetry and my resilience poem is one of them. 

This piece is about resiliency and what it means to me. When I am in a dark place, I honestly go talk to someone I trust and most of the time, it's my bestie because I trust the one who has been helping me for a long time. 

I even have my own definition of resiliency that makes me remember it and can help others know its meaning. My definition of resiliency is getting back up after difficult times.